Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, December 11, 2009

Not too much

Not too much to blog about. I'm feeling stressed. I won't bore you with those things. Owen is so much fun. He was spitting up so much I decided to pay more attention to what exactly I was eating when he had his worst days. So.. sad discovery.. no more caffeine, chocolate, or dairy of any kind :( SAD DAY! It's been really hard but he is SO much more happy and spits up so much less. He is having a hard time sleeping in a bed though. We spoiled him beyond belief when he was brand new (we couldn't put him down!) and now he has a really hard time sleeping alone. I have been working with him for the past couple of days to let me lay him down for naps and at night to sleep. Last night he slept in his crib for a WHOLE HOUR! Tonight I got him in there a little earlier and he is working on an hour now. I have to go back to work the week after Christmas and I am so sad! I am already worrying about it. For some reason I feel SO guilty whenever I leave Owen. I feel like I know him best and he will cry less if I am there... that's probably really lame but there you have it. Pathetic old Adrienne. Well... I better stop with this post.... its MUCHO DEPRESSING. Maybe tomorrow I will be in a better mood :p

3 comments:

-Veronica said...

Hang in there! I'm sure the transition of giving up those foods doesn't help your stress level. What an awesome mommy you are for doing that!

You might also want to look at buying a "miracle blanket" - I didn't hear about them until after Atticus was too big, but you might want to check them out or seeing if your mom could sew up something like it.

*hugs*

The Jensen Family said...

Adrienne, I completely understand how you feel. Zander was spitting up a ton too. I though breastfed babies weren't supposed to do that as much. Then my mother-in-law told me that my husband and all 4 of his brothers didn't tolerate dairy. So, I have cut it out of my diet completely. It really sucks. Most days I feel like there is nothing that I can eat and that I am starving. Hopefully, with time we will get used to not eating those things and it will get easier. I also completely sympathize with you about going back to work. I go back the 23rd of December (less than 2 more weeks). I seriously feel bad just leaving him to run to the store. So, how I am gonna make it through a 12 hour shift, I have no idea. Adam is really good with him...he can get him to stop crying better than I can. But, I still worry about leaving him. Good luck with everything. I know eventually it's all going to work out for both of us.

sandersfamily said...

I also had a really hard time leaving my son! We decided where he's the first baby and we were able to, I would stay home with him, and I got to for 18 months before we moved back down here and I loved every single minute. It killed me thinking that some babysitter was going to see him roll over first or start babbling or hear the first word first, etc, but we have to do whats best for our families. Wes is now the stay at home daddy and he's loving it for the time being.